At Applied Medical, we are committed to make a meaningful, positive difference, each and every day. Within our European headquarters in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture and support the implementation of our advanced medical devices across Europe and the MENA region. Applied’s team members enjoy working in an environmentally friendly and international environment, in which people of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged, and acknowledged. We support our team members by giving them opportunities of ongoing learning and education, possibilities to take part in community volunteering activities and a variety of onsite exercise classes and health activities.
If you are passionate about working in an organization that allows you to make decisions based upon what is right for the patient, customer, community and environment, Applied Medical is the place for you.
The Automation Controls Engineer assists in development and designing projects of Automated Equipment. You will work closely with the Automation Design Engineer to program and build the controls used to control the equipment that will automate certain aspects of our manufacturing process to create medical devices.
Applied Medical Automation is a large team of which most team members are located in the US.
The Automation Controls Engineer is part of the Applied Medical Europe Automation team and
reports to the Team Leader Automation Design in Amersfoort.
• Understand and follow Applied Medical’s Quality Systems (QS) as per training given
• Understand and comply with safety rules like CE, ISO norms and Company policies.
• Design and draft electrical pneumatic schematics and diagrams
• Develop and maintain Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems
• Develop and maintain Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
• Design and draft electrical panel layouts for automation equipment
• Maintain an inventory of electrical components utilized in automation control systems
• Support (mechanical) design engineers with R&D control systems
• Provide detailed machine operation instructions.
• Develop and maintain a software lifecycle in a regulated environment
• Provide technical support to customers/users
Would you like to be part of our expanding team? If the answer is yes, we'd love to get to know you and look forward to hearing from you!
Not the right job for you? Take a look at our other vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn.
As a healthcare company, it’s of the utmost importance to keep our teams safe and healthy in this ever-changing COVID-19 environment. We highly encourage our team members to get vaccinated to help protect each other, our families, our customers, and our visitors, as we work together to help end the pandemic.